To make Scotland equal and inclusive disabled people must be included in decision making. We make sure that policy and decision-makers know what matters to disabled people and our organisations and how to remove the barriers that prevent us being fully part of our society.
Through policy we work to:
- improve disabled people’s human rights because we should be able to enjoy the same rights as others.
- reduce the amount of disabled people in poverty because noone should be living without food, water or shelter.
- increase the amount of accessible housing because we beleive that everyone should live in a comfortable home that meets their needs.
- make employment more accessible and inclusive because everyone should be able to earn a living.
- include diabled people in discussions on climate change because climate action shouldn’t create barriers for disabled people and we want to help reduce climate change – it’s our planet too!
- improve social care support because everyone should be able to access support that meets their needs, no matter where they live.