This is an excellent opportunity for a disabled person (including D/deaf) to gain valuable experience in research and marketing supporting the objectives and activities of FinTech Scotland.
Payment: UK Living Wage rate of £9.30 per hour
Accountable to: FinTech Scotland
Contract: 420 hours, equivalent of 12 week’s full time or 24 weeks part time
Location: It is anticipated this role will be predominantly home working and will be reviewed in light of Scottish Government advice as it develops. Our offices are based in Edinburgh and Glasgow where we are located within the University of Edinburgh and the University of Strathclyde
Deadline: 10am on Monday 9 November 2020
Organisation profile: FinTech Scotland is an independent not for profit organisation jointly established by the financial services sector, universities and Scottish Government.
We want to ensure that Scotland seizes the financial technology opportunities of achieving positive economic and social outcomes by encouraging financial innovation, collaboration and inclusion as part of the country’s broader digital economy objectives.
Through these opportunities, we’re looking to achieve positive economic and social outcomes by encouraging financial innovation, collaboration and inclusion as part of the country’s broader digital economy objectives.
FinTech Scotland’s objectives are to develop an innovative community of financial technology firms (or fintechs), generate impactful collaborations between firms of all sizes and foster an inclusive ecosystem of various parties (cluster) which is globally recognised and connected.
Supporting FinTech Scotland’s marketing objectives and activities. This successful applicant will have the opportunity to work across a wide range of marketing activities, including, maintaining and developing our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, updating websites, organising events and monitoring and managing our social media channels.
Main duties and tasks
- Conduct primary and secondary research on fintech companies and the fintech market in Scotland.
- Create fintech company profiles on the FinTech Scotland website
- Help create regular newsletters, compiling content and working with a range of stakeholders to encourage greater content contribution.
- Updating the FinTech Scotland website as and when necessary.
- Work with the Marketing Director to help organise events with our stakeholders.
- Monitor social media channels to help enrich CRM with news item from fintech companies (investment rounds, new employees, stories worth resharing, etc.).
Essential skills and experience
- While no specific qualifications are required, a background and interest in Marketing and Research would be an advantage.
- Previous experience and knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and processes.
- Experience of undertaking primary and secondary research.
- Knowledge and experience of collecting and analysing data and compiling reports.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages and IT systems.
- Experienced and familiar in using social media platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Good planning and organisational skills with ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate creative flair.
- Have a clear need for the opportunity and be able to show how it will help you overcome barriers to achieving your career goals. (this is assessed in the sections motivation for applying, skills development, and current employment status.)
- Must define as Deaf or disabled which includes physical, sensory and mental impairments, autistic spectrum, learning disabilities, learning difficulties such as dyslexia or long-term health conditions. (You do not need to give details in the supporting statement unless you wish to. If you do, this will not be removed from the application before the shortlisting panel sees it.)
If you would like to discuss this opportunity with the employer prior to submitting your application, please contact the below email address.
Completed applications and enquiries to be forwarded by 10:00 am on Monday 9 November 2020 to:
By email: email@example.com
Job Description: Research and Marketing Executive Internship with FinTech Scotland
Candidate Privacy Notice: 2.5 Internship Candidate privacy notice
Equalities Monitoring Form: 2.4 Equalities-Monitoring-Form-2018
Internship Application guidebook: Accessing-Work-Guidebook-PDF