This is an excellent opportunity for a disabled person (including D/deaf) to support the Human Resources Team with project work and administration so that The Glenmorangie Company can deliver a first-class service to their employees.
Accountable to: Human Resources and Development Manager
Contract: 1 year contract, flexible full or part time.
Location: Glenmorangie headquarters in Edinburgh with some travel to the bottling site in Livingston. Please note, this role will be home working in line with current Scottish Government guidelines. This will be reviewed as it develops.
The Glenmorangie Company is one of the prestigious companies owned by Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH). It is home to Glenmorangie Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky and Ardbeg Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky, two of the world’s most respected whisky brands.
At the heart of our business is a passionate goal to consistently create the best whiskies and the best experiences –which we achieve through a great team of people.
We think long term about our business. Each of our brands, customers, suppliers, and employees are shown the same respect as the spirits we patiently craft. Creativity and innovation are at the heart of our business and we are driven by an unrelenting pursuit of excellence in all that we do.
Your key responsibilities will be to support the HR team with project work and HR administration so that we can deliver a first-class service to our employees. We are looking for someone with a passion for people, a fantastic attention to detail and someone that can use their initiative to bring their own ideas and experiences to our HR deliverables.
We are a close-knit team, we work hard but we are there to support each other to share knowledge and also to make sure that we have fun at work. This is a great opportunity to get exposure to all areas of HR, you will work autonomously on projects and be responsible for a variety of HR administrative activities.
Main duties and tasks
- Preparing LinkedIn content to support employer brand and propose news, posts, adverts etc.
- Update the employer brochure to ensure it reflects our benefits, culture and values.
- Work with HR Assistant to ensure a smooth induction experience for new employees (update the Induction Portal, buddy programme, schedule induction meetings).
- Support the execution of the school strategy, liaising with key universities to organise events.
- Schedule wellbeing initiatives in line with 2021 Wellbeing Plan.
- Assist on updating the internal company intranet with our people news.
- Support on any other internal communications project as required.
- Manage the scheduling of the buddy system to ensuring that employees have the opportunity to catch up every week.
HR Project / General HR Administration
- Collate content and create weekly HR Newsletter.
- Create the monthly HR report.
- Schedule interviews for hiring managers and HR team.
- Support first stage interviews to assess candidates against our culture and values.
- Complete a full file audit for all employees ensuring all necessary paperwork is filed.
- Support HR team with key projects.
- Support HR team with general HR and communication related activities and administration.
Essential skills and experience:
A bachelor’s degree and a good standard of English and Numeracy is being sought. An interest in Human Resources would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good planning and organisational skills with ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to self-manage, work independently, and use own initiative.
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Action orientated and strong customer focus.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages and IT systems.
- Experienced and familiar in using social media platforms.
- Creative flair.
- An interest in Human Resources.
- Have a clear need for the opportunity and be able to show how it will help you overcome barriers to achieving your career goals. (this is assessed in the sections motivation for applying, skills development, and current employment status.)
- Must define as Deaf or disabled which includes physical, sensory and mental impairments, autistic spectrum, learning disabilities, learning difficulties such as dyslexia or long-term health conditions. (You do not need to give details in the supporting statement unless you wish to. If you do, this will not be removed from the application before the shortlisting panel sees it.)
If you would like to discuss this opportunity with the employer prior to submitting your application, please contact: Lindsey Danks, Assistant HR Business Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed applications to be forwarded by 10:00 am on Wednesday 10 March 2021 to Alex Wilson
By email: email@example.com
Job Description: Human Resources Internship with The Glenmorangie Company JD
Candidate Privacy Notice: 2.5 Internship Candidate privacy notice
Internship Application guidebook: Accessing-Work-Guidebook-PDF