Payment: UK Living Wage rate of £8.45 per hour
Host Employer: Skills Development Scotland
Contract: 35 hours per week for 13 weeks (3 months) or part-time over a longer period (a total of 455 hours)
Skills Development Scotland is the national skills body supporting the people and businesses of Scotland. SDS plays a key role in driving forward Scotland’s economic future through their delivery of the Scottish Government’s economic and skills strategy. SDS helps the skills and learning system to better respond to the needs of the economy and help individuals benefit from a variety of learning and skills development opportunities.
SDS’s Service Design and Innovation (SD&I) team are looking for someone to join our multi-disciplinary team of innovation professionals, designing and delivering user focused services that are shaping the skills sector in Scotland.
The successful candidate will take forward a specific project to ensure that the team is using information as effectively as possible. You will start by understanding the current information platform (Sharepoint), how it is used and come up with new ideas on how to improve its use. We’re looking for someone who will take a proactive approach towards this work and take responsibility for coming up with a solution and the way the project is carried out. Working with us you will be supported to build your knowledge and expertise in project and programme management and deliver a solution that solves this problem within the team. You will also work to support the range of governance requirements for the team so that we are able to effectively manage our work and to report on progress against our plan. This aspect of your work will contribute to the development of a project management toolkit for our team.
To be successful within this role you will need to be a team player, have a desire to learn in a fast paced and ever changing working environment and have completed a relevant course at HND level/equivalent or above, e.g. business management or information studies.
Main duties and tasks
- Understand the information requirements and needs of the team and of projects that the team takes forward
- Ensure that the team complies fully with the requirements of information governance and makes full use of the Sharepoint platform to store and retrieve information
- Produce a report and recommendations on SD&I’s use of information and Sharepoint
- Work to implement any decisions taken by the SD&I management team
- Understand the requirements on the team for budget and financial management and its related processes and systems
- Understand risk management requirments and support project leads and managers to manage their project risks
- Assist with the reporting of SD&I’s work to a variety of governance boards
- Understand the needs of the SD&I team to support them to manage projects
- Understand what tools, processes and templates already exist to assist in the management of projects
- Contribute to the development of a governance toolkit for SD&I members
- HND or above qualification level, or equivalent vocational qualifications and/or experience
- Effective communicator
- IT skills (Microsoft packages, web applications)
- Strong team working and relationship building skills
- Experience of running a project or being part of a project team, including planning and organising, managing competing priorities and meeting challenging deadlines
- Customer focused
- A positive, solution focussed outlook
- Keen to learn and develop new skills
- Knowledge of the design process and other innovation techniques
If you would like to discuss this opportunity with the employer prior to submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed applications to be forwarded by 5pm on 19 March 2017 to:
23 Lauriston Street