Host Employer: University of Edinburgh Business School
Contract: 35 hours per week for 13 weeks (3 months) or part-time over a longer period, no more than 6 months (a total of 455 hours)
Eligibility: Applicants for the Disability Equality Internship opportunities must:
•define as a disabled person under the Equality Act 2010: “someone who has a physical or mental impairment that has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on his or her ability to carry out normal every day activities.”
•be unemployed or under-employed
To find out more about our internships and the support we provide during placements please click here.
About the role
Each September the University of Edinburgh welcomes more than 500 international postgraduate students to the Business School. This year they were joined by to students from over 60 different nationalities studying our MBA and 13 Masters Programmes. This is a great opportunity for someone to join a thriving school with a mission to develop effective and responsible leaders by creating incisive knowledge and inspiring minds in dialogue with the world around us. In particular, the Marketing Intern would be contributing towards the Marketing, Student Recruitment and Admissions aims of attracting high quality students onto Masters and MBA programmes. Main tasks will involve creating a video library for marketing purposes, auditing current video content, working with social media and investigating new approaches.
Please note that interviews will take place on 8th June.
Essential skills and experience:
- Organised and methodical approach to work and/or projects
- Good interpersonal and communication skills including good written English
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Understanding and ability to use social media in a variety of settings
- Ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-reliant whilst seeking advice and support when required
- Ability to use Microsoft Office packages including Word, Outlook, Excel, email, and internet
- Interest in marketing
- Educated to HND level or above, or equivalent qualification or relevant experience
For more information on this internship please download the application pack below. If you would like to discuss this opportunity with the employer prior to submitting your application, please contact Mette Friis Mette.Friis@ed.ac.uk .
Completed applications to be forwarded by 10am on 31st May 2017 to:
23 Lauriston Street
Interviews will be held on Thursday 8th June