Fair Work Directorate Intern
Payment: Living Wage rate of £8.45 per hour
Host Employer: Scottish Government
Contract: 35 hours per week for 13 weeks (3 months) or part-time over a longer period (a total of 455 hours)
Location: Glasgow City Centre
Closing Date: 10am on Monday 22nd May
Inclusion Scotland are creating and supporting paid internship opportunities for disabled people within areas of public life. This is part of a national programme alongside the SCVO Disability Equality Internship Programme.
Applicants for the Public Life Internship opportunities must:
- define as a disabled person under the Equality Act 2010: “someone who has a physical or mental impairment that has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on his or her ability to carry out normal every day activities.”
- be unemployed or under-employed
- Applicants do not need to have acquired a certain level of education, but should demonstrate how their skills and qualities make them suitable for the opportunity.
The Employability Programme team is a multi-disciplinary team made up of Scottish Government staff, procurement experts, and IT, programme management, policy and performance and delivery teams. The programme of work contributes to the Scottish Government National Outcome of realising our full economic potential with more and better employment opportunities for people.
To find out more about Employability in Scotland visit www.employabilityinscotland.com or follow us on twitter @ETPLN
As the programme moves from service design to service delivery stage we are looking for someone to join our multi-disciplinary team to lead on 2 projects which will support our Programme Management Office and our Jobcentre Plus Integration and Alignment team. Each of the projects will last for around 6 weeks. The successful candidate will be required to familiarise themselves with our Programme Management office functions and processes, how they are used and make suggestions for improvement including the creation of a business support function. There will be an opportunity for the successful candidate to undertake some PRINCE 2 awareness training in this role. In the Integration and Alignment Team, the intern will be required to familiarise themselves with the Scottish Government Integration and Alignment Agenda and support the integration team leader to baseline existing employability services across local authority areas with a view to identifying opportunities to integrate employability services to inform the team’s planning.
- HND or above qualification level, or equivalent vocational qualifications and/or experience.
- Effective communication skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively with others to gather and share information to meet the objectives of the projects.
- A good working knowledge of IT applications including Word, Excel and Power point
- Experience of running a project or being part of a project team, including planning and organising, managing competing priorities and meeting challenging deadlines
- Customer focused
- A positive, solution focussed outlook
- Keen to learn and develop new skills
For more information and for details on how to apply please download the documents below. If you require any alternative formats please get in touch on email@example.com or call 0131 281 0867