Inclusion Scotland and People First have worked together to develop Inclusion Scotland’s ‘Making the most of your Human Rights to Independent Living: A tool-kit for disabled people’ in an easy read format, first compiled with disabled people in 2011 and updated in 2015.
We are very grateful to the People First group in Fife and to all the other disabled people’s organisations involved in putting together the toolkit.
This easy read Toolkit comes in 5 parts:
- Part One introduction ER toolkit on human rights to independent living
- What is the Human Rights Act?
- UN Convention on the Rights of Disabled People
- Getting your human rights to independent living
- How to use your human rights
You might want to ask for help from an advocate if you often need help reading long documents.
To get training on ‘Making the most of your Human Rights to Independent Living’, please contact Pauline Nolan by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 281 0865 (text relay calls welcome).